Rich Sorkin: CEO & Co-founder, Jupiter Intelligence: The climate change risks that can’t be ignored (181)
Jupiter Intelligence has achieved rapid growth since its launch five years ago and is now providing analytics on the impact of climate change to insurers, governments, and corporations worldwide.
CEO and Co-founder Rich Sorkin joins Matthew to discuss how his experience of extreme weather events motivated him to launch the company.
Their conversation covers the products and services Jupiter offers, how clients are using its data, and why it is vital that insurers track the long-term impacts and risks they face from climate change.
- Using data to understand physical and financial portfolio risk
- Duration mismatch - why planning for the future matters
- Regulation and reporting - the impacts for insurance
- The lessons insurance can learn from banking
- Scaling at speed - building the right team and products
Jupiter Intelligence was featured in the InsTech London report, Climate Change Risk Regulation and Measurement: 22 companies to know, which is available as a free download.
You can also get more information about the company on the Jupiter Intelligence InsTech member profile page.
If you like what you're hearing, please leave us a review on whichever platform you use or contact Matthew Grant on LinkedIn.
Sign up to the InsTech newsletter for a fresh view on the world every Wednesday morning.
Continuing Professional Development - Learning Objectives
InsTech London is accredited by The Chartered Insurance Institute (CII). By listening to any InsTech London podcast or reading the accompanying transcript, you can claim up to 0.5 hours towards the CII member CPD scheme.
The Learning Objectives for this podcast are:
- Understand some of the long-term challenges faced by the insurance industry as a result of climate change
- Define duration mismatch and how important it is for insurers to factor this into business plans
- Identify some of the products and services available to help insurers mitigate the risks of climate change
If your organisation is a member of InsTech London and you would like to receive a quarterly summary of the CPD hours you have earned, visit the Episode 181 page of the InsTech London website or email email@example.com to let us know you have listened to this podcast.
To help us measure the impact of the learning, we would be grateful if you would take a minute to complete a quick feedback survey.