The launch of a new Insurtech fund – Brewer Lane Ventures – was announced earlier this month. Martha Notaras will be Managing Partner along with founder John Kim. Martha was formerly part of the team at XL Innovate - investing in successful startups such as Lemonade, Cape Analytics and Slice and she has many years of experience in identifying and investing in technology companies in and outside of insurance.
Martha is also well known as a lively and informed presenter and panelist at insurance and technology conferences. Matthew talks to Martha from her office in California. The topics they cover include:
- New opportunities in insurtech including climate change and cyber. Why the past is not a good guide to the future.
- Data and the challenges for insurers.
- How the reaction of incumbent insurers to the relevance of insurtech has changed over the last few years.
- The best way to keep up to date with what is happening in insurance and technology
- The goals for Brewer Lane Ventures and the type of companies it will be investing in
Look out for the summary of this discussion at https://www.instech.london/podcasts
Membership details and other enquiries: Hello@instech.london
InsTech London Podcast Host: Matthew Grant
Produced by Simon Fyles: email@example.com
Edited by Peter Roach: visualmonkeys.co.uk