Sunday Sep 11, 2022
Sunday Sep 11, 2022
Archipelago is working with large global corporations to identify and source information about a property that's then shared with insurers and brokers. The company has over 170 people and according to PitchBook, has raised $57 million.
Co-founder Hemant Shah last spoke to us on episode 145 and returns to the evolution of Archipelago in the last year.
Talking points include:
- How Archipelago is working with companies to collect information about properties for insurers and brokers
- Issues associated with matching loss history data to exposure data
- How exposure data is described, validated and standardised
- The potential role of intelligence augmentation and the process behind implementing machine learning
- How ESG requirements are changing resilience reporting
If you like what you're hearing, please leave us a review on whichever platform you use or contact Matthew Grant on LinkedIn.
Sign up to the InsTech newsletter for a fresh view on the world every Wednesday morning.
Continuing Professional Development - Learning Objectives
InsTech is accredited by The Chartered Insurance Institute (CII). By listening to any InsTech podcast or reading the accompanying transcript, you can claim up to 0.5 hours towards the CII member CPD scheme.
The Learning Objectives for this podcast are:
- List some of the methods used by organisations to source relevant property data
- Explain the potential disparities between loss history data and exposure data
- Describe how technological implementations such as intelligence augmentation are aiding property insurance
If your organisation is a member of InsTech and you would like to receive a quarterly summary of the CPD hours you have earned, visit the Episode 207 page of the InsTech website or email email@example.com to let us know you have listened to this podcast.
To help us measure the impact of the learning, we would be grateful if you would take a minute to complete a quick feedback survey.